Lactation Consultations by Board Certified Consultants
Lactation consultations are offered by our board-certified Lactation Consultants to help you solve breastfeeding problems in feeding your baby. Do you need a lactation consultation virtually or in our office? Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), offer breastfeeding consultations virtually, if you prefer, on in their offices. They will not only address your immediate breastfeeding concerns, but they offer followup to help you reach your breastfeeding goals. In addition, our consultants offer Lactation Corporate and Professional Training in either the clinic or in our classroom.
Comprehensive Lactation Consultation Services
- Lactation consultations for breastfeeding problems–in our offices or virtually.
- Lactation Consultations for Singletons and Multiples
- Breast Pump Consultation for pump efficiency and flange sizing
- Breastfeeding Classes for Singletons and Multiples
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Consultations
- Adoptive Lactation Consultations
- Corporate and Professional Lactation Training Classes
Lactation consultations for breastfeeding problems or difficulties:A lactation consultation usually takes 1.5 – 2 hours and will cover the full scope of assessments and observations necessary to ascertain and solve breastfeeding problems. A consultation will generally include:
- assessment of baby’s color, hydration and weight
- assessment of baby’s anatomy as relates to breastfeeding
- assessment of mother’s breasts and nipples
- adjustment of positioning and latch
- observation of feeding patterns
- observation of efficiency of milk transfer
- measurement of milk intake to 0.1 ounce by pre- and post-feeding weights
- guidelines for improved breastfeeding management
- answers to the parents’ breastfeeding questions
- a written plan to overcome detected problems
- assessment report sent to health care providers
- superbill to aid parents filing for insurance reimbursement
Schedule An AppointmentCall
or email us at
If appropriate for the breastfeeding dyad:
- recommendation of breastfeeding aids and instruction on their use
- observation of pumping and flange fit
- referral back to the health care provider.
Follow-up is usually by phone, email, or texts but sometimes a follow-up consultation is required at the mother’s discretion at a reduced fee. Support will continue until mother and baby establish their unique breastfeeding relationship.